Search This Blog

Friday 4 April 2014

52 Card Challenge 2014 - Week 11

On UK Scrappers, Nat hosts a weekly card challenge .  I am operating quite a few weeks behind, but will endeavour to catch up over time as I make cards to suit the particular themes. 

Week 11 theme was - old, new, borrowed, blue

Yesterday was my niece Asha's fifth birthday and this is the card I made for her. 

 
The "old" was the Hero Arts and Sizzix Stamp and Framelit set "Flowers and Butterflies" which I have barely used to this point.  I die cut the butterflies out of light blue card, then stamped on them in bright pink.  As some of my inks are that old and drying out, I coloured over the top of them with Promarkers and then sticklesed them over the top.
 
The "new" is the number 5 bought in an alphabet set from a supermarket about six months ago.  That is also the "blue" as well. 
 
The "borrowed" is the neon pink cardstock from a pack I bought for my boys to craft on - I thought the colour was perfect for a 5 year old girl!
 
Supplies:
Doodlebug Fancy Frills glitter hearts
Kaisercraft "Miss Nellie" patterned papers
Hero Arts & Sizzix Flowers and Butterflies framelits
Elizabeth Craft Designs "Happy Birthday" die
 
Card No 7 out of 30 for my stash diet .....
Thanks for looking.  x
 


4 comments:

  1. Great card Ali, I love the colours, the vibrant pink and blue go so well together - very striking. That heart border is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colours - great card. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the hot pink, such a vibrant card - lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's beautiful and bright. Great combination of colours xx

    ReplyDelete