Search This Blog

Saturday 12 April 2014

Card 10 of 30 - glitter and Stampin' Up!

This was one of those cards that you make just because you are experimenting a little ...
 
 

Supplies:
Memento "London Fog"
Stampin' Up! Hearts A Flutter, Bitty Banners and Papillion Potpourri stamps and Framelits
Matha Stewart Butterfly Punch
Papermania clear gems
American Crafts Tropical cardstock
My Favorite Things Die-namics Chevron stripe die
Creative Stamping magazine freebie birthday stamp

I started by stamping the birthday stamp on a piece of white card, then edged it with the grey ink.  Several years ago, I took part in a circle journal, and I printed on acetate and then embossed on the top.  I had mucked up one piece, and saved it in my experimentation pile.  So I came across it when trying to get a bit organised, and decided to try and die-cut it to see what would happen.  It was quite disastrous - the embossing enamel cracked and went everywhere!

The rest of it was duly consigned to the bin, but I decided to still use this piece and covered the surface with Glossy Accents to seal in the enamelling, which looked more like glitter as it is quite shiny. 

I took a piece of the really vibrant pink in the American Crafts tropical card pack and added some elements it together with the black, which I think makes the card pop. I like working with timeless, classic elements which never date - I know these items will be in my crafting arsenal forever (given wear and tear!)

Twenty more cards to go, but I am really wishing I had some time to scrapbook .... thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

  1. Love the pop of the hot pink heart against the neutral background, a really lovely card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty :) Amazes me you find the time to craft still!

    ReplyDelete