Search This Blog

Monday 14 April 2014

Card 11 of 30 ....

I owe so many thank you cards, but haven't had the time to get around to making most of them yet.  This one is winging its way to Paul's parents as a thank you for all the little jobs they have to do for us in the UK. 


The image quality is pretty poor, as I took the photo with my phone, and then edited it later when I had some time. 

Using one of my new Spellbinders dies, and the rest is all existing stash - I am pleased to be using up those Rhonna Farrer rub-ons - they really do deteriorate over time, and I am happy to get value out of them - even if it is several years later!

I also repurposed a buckle that I have had stored too - I altered the colour with alcohol inks, and fancied it up with a Prima "Say it in Gems" embellishment in the browns, red and pink.  I stamped the "so much" crookedly! in Simon Says Stamp Chocolate Brown dye ink - beautiful quality ink; I am hoping that the Close to my Heart inks match up to Stampin' Up! and Simon Says Stamp for quality. 

Embellished with a touch of Stardust Stickles on the leaves, and some pearls - they do add the final "ta dahhh!" on cards, I think!

Supplies:
Classic Studio Calico patterned paper
Rhonna Farrer Phrases rub-on
Simon Says Stamp Dark Chocolate premium dye ink
Altered buckle using alcohol inks
Prima Say it in Gems embellishment
Pink Pearls
Bazzill Just the Edge white strip
Brown crushed velvet ribbon
Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Fourteen
PSX Alphabet Stamps
Elizabeth Craft Designs - Curvy Leaves
Stardust Stickles

Simple, yet tactile and elegant in my view - I love that I am mining into my old stash, albeit a tiny bit at a time!

3 comments:

  1. A very elegant card and you're going great guns with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's our girl!

    Nice card, Ali.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really pretty, love that die cut shape x

    ReplyDelete